Building History

Built in 1886 The Residence originally functioned as both the home and office of Dr. James McClelland, the founder of nearby Shadyside Hospital, now part of the University of Pittsburgh. Members of the McClelland family remained residents of the opulent home until the 1980s.

 

Now considered one of the city's foremost historic landmarks, the building has retained  its original charm, including stained glass windows and beautiful oak paneling throughout.

 Our Rooms